View the Brochure PDF
Contact Whitley Manufacturing
The customer needed an insulated mechanical enclosure with high ceilings, capable of housing an extensive amount of support equipment. The challenge came with the requirement that the building would need to be erected in the shortest amount of time possible, with little interference to the surrounding areas of Washington, D.C.
Partnering with Modular Genius, Whitley proposed the use of a new series of industrial modular buildings called The UpGrade. The end walls of the modules have the ability to fold under, allowing up to 3 modules to be shipped on a single flatbed trailer. Items such as siding, roofing, and electrical systems were preinstalled in our factory to minimize the on-site work. Once the modules arrived on site, a crane was used to lift the modules into place, allowing the end walls to fold out. After the modules were bolted down to the slab and mate line close-up materials were put in place, the client was able to install their equipment inside of the finished building. Only a matter of a few hours passed from a bare concrete slab, to a finished, weather tight building.
- Set and complete, ready for outfitting in days, not weeks
- Permanent or temporary. Capable of relocating multiple times
- Required only a small work crew of four to set and finish the building
- Pre-installed electrical system, lighting, doors, vents & insulation
- Can be installed over top of existing equipment
- Majority of steel framing consisting of recycled materials
- 15 foot ceiling height
- Heights of 24 feet available
- Each module size (up to) W=14 / L=66"